Saturday 11 January 2014

Film Magazine Cover Inspiration

                 


















During some extensive film magazine research, I came across this 'Skyfall' front cover.The simplicity and the contrast of colour is very striking and draws the audience's attention and therefore, this cover became my inspiration.Originally, I thought I needed to keep everything in black and white apart from the Masthead so that I capture the simplistic/bold colour scheme and contrast, but also, draw attention to the name of the magazine by applying a vibrant red. However, I realised that my image is not iconic enough to portray the genre and so I needed the additional design element and use of the colour red. The connotations of red describe the genre of the film further and help the magazine cover stand out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment