Friday 13 December 2013

Font Research


Using www.dafont.com, I was able to preview various fonts with different styles. To a certain extent, there are conventional fonts used with 'Crime-Thriller' film posters and I wanted to capture this convention in my poster. Therefore, the selection of fonts is important because it can illustrate or complement the genre presented. Furthermore, it is evident that the font used adds to the authenticity of the poster.

Through my research, I was able to find conventional fonts used with 'Crime-Thriller' film posters and also, I have presented a few posters that represent these styles. The 'Pulp Fiction' poster uses a more playful font which suggests to the audience that there is a comedic side to the film; which is entirely correct. The 'GoodFellas' poster uses a serif font which creates a traditional appearance and this links significantly with genre and setting of the film as 'GoodFellas' is a period film set in Brooklyn, N.Y, 1955. The 'Bourne Legacy' poster presents the font that I think is most relevant to my production. The font highlighted is the font I'm going to use for my film poster; this font is very similar to the font used in the 'Bourne Legacy' poster. I have chosen this font in particular because I believe the simplicity it presents gives a very serious, sophisticated atmosphere which is extremely relevant to my production.

1 comment:

  1. You highlight real media examples - great research and planning Daniel.

    ReplyDelete