Sunday 22 December 2013

Initial Poster to Film Magazine Cover


 After taking feedback from my teacher and carrying out additional research, I concluded that conventionally, long-shots are taken for 'Crime-Thriller' film posters to present the dynamic, fast paced side of the film to the audience. Furthermore, I conversed with my production team and we realised that our promotional package needed a poster that was more dynamic. Therefore, I think it is appropriate to change the poster accordingly.   

I will make the transition by copying the main image from my initial poster and using it for my film magazine cover. During my film magazine research, I found this Sight and Sound magazine cover; which inspired the transition. The similarities of the mise-en-scene in both images suggested to me that the image I've created follows conventions and is appropriate for a film magazine cover.     
 

2 comments:

  1. Sight and sound is the perfect style to aim for and will also differ from other members of your group so yes, I agree with this choice. Such a great image...it should not go to waste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you look at my final magazine front cover, I've tried to combine the styles of Sight and Sound and Empire magazine, through the image and the font/colour scheme.

      Delete